Junior Wallabies coach Jason Gilmore has made four changes to the starting XV which fell to New Zealand, as the Australians prepare for a fifth place playoff semi final against Italy.
Three of the four changes have been made in the backs, Ryan Lonergan given the nod to start at halfback in place of Tate McDermott, Bayley Kuenzle named at inside centre ahead of Isaac Lucas and Lawson Creighton earning a start at fullback ahead of Mack Hansen.
Up front, Pat Tafa will start at No. 8, Josh Kemeny dropping out of the 23 altogether.The changes don't stop there, though, with the bench taking an entirely different shape.
Hooker Matt Faessler and prop George Francis are the pair that retained their places - Charlie Hancock, Hugh Margin, Rory Suttor, Tate McDermott, Will Harrison and Mack Hansen all taking seats on the pine.
Should they beat Italy, the Australians will face the winner of Argentina's clash with Wales.
The Junior Wallabies face Italy U20s on Wednesday morning, kicking off at 12:30am AEST, broadcast LIVE on FOX SPORTS.
Junior Wallabies team to face Italy U20s
1. Harry Hoopert, Queensland, Brothers
2. Efi Ma’afu, Queensland, Wests
3. Tom Ross, ACT, Gungahlin
4. Angus Blyth, Queensland, Bond University
5. Harry Hockings, Queensland, University of Queensland
6. Michael Wood, Queensland, Brothers
7. Fraser McReight, Queensland, Brothers
8. Pat Tafa, NSW, Norths
9. Ryan Lonergan, ACT, Vikings
10. Hamish Stewart, Queensland, Bond University
11. Jordan Petaia, Queensland, Wests
12. Bayley Kuenzle, NSW, Southern Districts
13. Semisi Tupou, Victoria, Box Hill
14. Matt McTaggart, NSW, Easts
15. Lawson Creighton, Queensland, Brothers
16. Matt Faessler, Queensland, Brothers
17. George Francis, NSW, Eastwood
18. Charlie Hancock, NSW, Sydney University
19. Hugh Margin, NSW, Gordon
20. Rory Suttor, NSW, Sydney University
21. Tate McDermott, Queensland, University of Queensland
22. Will Harrison, NSW, Randwick
23. Mack Hansen, ACT Gungahlin