Force winger Rod Davies is set to make his Sevens debut in Vancouver this weekend, named in the Aussie squad for the Canada tournament,
Davies joined the team for a trial last month and played in the recent Kiama Sevens, proving his potential in the local competition.
The capped Wallaby won the Super Rugby title with the Reds and showed off some of his pace in last year's World Series Rugby with the Force.
Aussie men's coach Tim Walsh said his experience would be a handy boost for the side in Canada.
“Vancouver marks the second half of the season and we need to be smarter, faster and mentally stronger on the home stretch," he said.
“Acquiring Rocket (Davies) has been a fortuitous bonus and enabled the Sevens program and Rugby Australia to build relationships with the Western Force.
“Rod is one of the fastest players in Australian Rugby and the strategy will be to get him into space to showcase his speed.”
The Aussie Sevens kick off against Spain on Sunday March 10 at 4:52am AEDT, LIVE on FOX SPORTS.
Aussie Sevens men squad
1.Nick Malouf (vc), University of Queensland, 33 caps
2. Jesse Parahi (vc), Norths (Sydney), 42 caps
3. Michael Wells, Norths (Sydney), 6 caps
4. Simon Kennewell, Randwick, 14 caps
5. Jeral Skelton, Brothers, 9 caps
6. Henry Hutchison, Randwick, 21 caps
7. Liam McNamara, Sunnybank, 11 caps
8. Brandon Quinn, Gordon, 13 caps
9. Rod Davies*, Western Force
10. Lewis Holland (c), Queanbeyan, 42 caps
11. John Porch, Norths (Sydney), 22 caps
12. Ben O’Donnell, Randwick, 14 caps
13th Dylan Pietsch
Sunday March 10. All times AEDT
Australia vs Spain, 4:52am
Australia vs France, 8:21am
Australia vs New Zealand, 12:15pm