Jono Lance is sticking around in Australian rugby for 2018, re-signing with the Force.
Lance has signed a one-year deal with the Perth club, joining the slew of players having announced new deals across the country after the lifting of a contracting moratorium last month.
The Force is Lance's third Super Rugby club and though he's had injury problems in his time in WA, he has made the starting spot his own, and forced his way into Wallabies contention before an unlucky injury late in 2016.
“I’m really pumped to be staying in Perth,” he said. “The last two years have been really exciting for me, I feel I’ve made Perth my home now and really enjoying the group of guys here, it’s our own little family.”
Lance, who was part of championship-winning sides in Queensland (2011) and NSW (2014), said he had no hesitation sticking with the Force.
“I think you get a good vibe from the crowd and the fans that are out there, and how passionate they are about rugby.
“This is my third team and I can safely say the fans here are as good as you’ll get. They stick around through the tough times, they get behind you when you need it and I know something is building in this team so it’s going to be great when we get to share that with them.”
Force attack coach Shaun Berne said Lance was a quality retention.
“Jono adds a lot of experience in a vital position for us. He’s won two Super Rugby titles with two different teams and has a very good understanding of what that takes.”
“He’s a very abrasive defender and prepared to play forward at the line on attack. It’s fantastic that he’s decided to stay with us.”
The Force take on the Rebels on Saturday night, kicking off at 9:55pm AEST LIVE on FOX SPORTS and via RUGBY.com.au RADIO.