Former Queensland Reds winger and Aussie Sevens representative Blair Connor has been named in the French Barbarians squad to face the Wallaby XV this Thursday.
Connor was considered in the mix for France’s World Cup team last year, when an initial extended squad was named, but eligibility laws have made that unlikely.
The 28-year-old, who played seven Super Rugby games for the Reds during two seasons at Ballymore has been playing in Bordeaux since and hasn’t looked back.
Connor will be joined by 174 caps of international experience, including 76-Test winger, Clermont’s Aurelien Rougerie and 38-Test Uruguay international Rodrigo Capo Ortega.
The Barbarians side features a handful of French rising stars and many U20s representatives who have caught the eye of selectors in the Top 14 in recent weeks.
Connor is one of four Bordeaux players in the 23, with Castres supplying the most representatives, with five overall.
Ladder-leading Clermont, La Rochelle, Stade Francais and Lyon alll have two players involved, while Brive, Racing 92, Bayonne, Toulon, Toulouse and Pau have one each.
The Wallaby XV will take on the French Barbarians in Bordeaux kicking off a 6:45 am Friday November 25 AEDT, live streamed on rugby.com.au.
French Barbarians team
1. Lucas Pointud (Brive)
2. Remi Bonfils (Stade Francais)
3. Julien Brugnault (Racing 92)
4.Felix Lambey (Lyon)
5. Rodrigo Capo Orgeta (Castres)
6. Romain Sazy (La Rochelle)
7. Raphael Lakafia (Stade Francais)
8. Camille Gerondeau (Clermont)
9. Yann Lesgourgues (Bordeaux)
10. Romain Lonca (Bordeaux)
11. Aurelien Rougerie (Clermont)
12. Pierre Aguillon ( La Rochelle)
13. Louis Dupichot (Pau)
14. Blair Connor (Bordeaux)
15. Arthur Bonneval (Toulouse)
16. Antoine Dupont (Castres)
17. Julien Caminati (Castres)
18. Julien Dumora (Castres)
19. Jean Monribot (Bayonne)
20. Loic Jacquet (Castres)
21. Jean Baptiste Poux (Bordeaux)
22. Jean-Charles Orioli (Toulon)
23. Alexandre Menini (Lyon).