All blacks face World Cup twitter ban

Fri, Jun 17, 2011, 2:00 AM
AAP
by AAP

All Blacks have been banned from using their individual Twitter accounts during this year's Rugby World Cup because New Zealand team officials fear the social networking site may be too distracting.

Coach Graham Henry told Sky Television the team had not previously had a Twitter policy, other than to warn players to think carefully before tweeting.

But he said they will be told to refrain from using Twitter during the tournament at home in September and October.

Team manager Darren Shand said the ban had been devised by senior players.

"We don't want players doing it individually, it just creates distraction. We want to be totally focused on the job at hand," Shand said.

Share
'A good human being': Waratahs welcome rare NZ talent Moananu
ACT Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham is playing the long game as he looks to ease Wallaby Nick Frost back into action. Photo: Getty Images
Chilly Frost: Larkham keeping Wallaby lock on ice as Brumbies coach reflects on latest Slipper milestone
Super Rugby Pacific 2026 Round Two Injury/Unavailability List
Super Rugby Pacific 2026 Teams: All the team news for Round Two