1. The promoter of the Samsung Snapshot: The Bledisloe Cup Photographic Competition 2015 (the “Competition”) is Australian Rugby Union Limited, ABN 36 002 898 544, of Ground Floor, 29-57 Christie Street St Leonards NSW 2065 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter and prizes applicable to the Competition form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is accepted via Internet only at www.rugby.com.au.
3. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the service provider used. Any contact or other required entry details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible entry.
4. Entry into the Competition is free and open only to current Australian residents.
5. Promotion commences at 9:00am (AEST) on Monday 18 May, 2015 and closes 9:00am (AEST) on Monday 3 August, 2015. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 4 August, 2015. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must, during the promotional period, fill out the submission form in the manner required by completing the registration form on the Competition page. To be deemed an ‘entrant’, a user is required to upload a photograph taken during the promotional period as outlined above.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible, incomprehensible or offensive entries will be deemed invalid in Promoter’s sole discretion. All entries must be posted online in the manner required and received by the Promoter by the above entry close. Internet entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt or successful online posting (as applicable) and not at the time of transmission.
7. Eligible entries received by the Promoter will be considered based on the creativity, skill and engagement of the photograph submitted. Chance plays no part in determining the winner as this is a game of skill. The winner of the Competition will be the entry deemed by the Promoter to be the most creative, skillful and engaging in capturing a compelling Rugby moment. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. All reasonable steps to notify the winner of the result will be taken by the Promoter. Entrants may submit as many photographs as they like.
8. The Major Winner will receive the following prizes, which are subject to change at Promoter’s sole discretion:
- Four (4) Gold tickets to the Sydney Bledisloe Cup match between Australia and New Zealand on Saturday, 8 August, 8pm at ANZ Stadium (Value: $159 each = $636)
- One signed Qantas Wallabies jersey (Value: $895)
- Official photographic accreditation at the Sydney Bledisloe Test match, allowing the winner sideline access to take photos of the match on 8th August. If the - winner is under 18 years, an adult guardian will be required to accompany the winner (Value: Priceless!)
- Samsung NX500 Smart Camera (Value: $999)
Total Value of Major prize pool: $2,530
9. There will also be four (4) runner up prizes awarded with each recipient winning four (4) Gold tickets to the Sydney Bledisloe Cup match (Value: $159 each = $636).
10. Acceptance of a prize is subject to any prevailing Australian Rugby Union terms and conditions as well as any health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. No compensation will be payable if the winners are unable to use any element of any Prize as stated for whatever reason, or participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons. Any part of any Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to prevent entry or eject the prize winner and/or guests from any match venue due to inappropriate behavior or safety reasons.
11. The Official Accreditation prize can only be taken on the specified day listed within the application instructions (that date being 8 August 2015) as provided above or as otherwise advised by the Promoter or the entire prize is forfeited. No extension or variation on this date will be permitted. All components of the Prize must be taken together. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers. Use of any passes issued as part of the prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and passes are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes issued. All sideline images taken by the winner remain the property of the Promoter and may not be offered for commercial sale or shared other than for personal use.
12. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner (and/or their guests) produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the winner’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim the prize and any information submitted by the winner in entering the promotion before issuing the prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the winning entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, that winner’s entry will become invalid.
14. If the prize winner is under 18 years of age, then the prize will be awarded subject to the winner’s parent or guardian accepting these terms of entry on the prize winner’s behalf and being responsible for the prize winner for the duration of the prize.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize. The Prize (or any unused portions of any prize) is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
16. The person who is deemed the winner of a prize must confirm their eligibility to be awarded the prize within three (3) days of being successfully notified by the Promoter that they have been deemed a winner, otherwise their entry will be deemed invalid. If their entry is deemed invalid, the Promoter will award another winner at a time and place as the original judging and repeat this process until an eligible entrant is awarded the Prize. If the Promoter is unable to notify any entrant deemed to be a winner, the procedures outlined in Clause 17 will apply.
17. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within three (3) days of being selected as the winner, the Promoter may award the Prize to the eligible entrant who is deemed as the next best entry by the Promoter at the same time and place as the original judging in order to award the prize. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results will be taken by the Promoter. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with using any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
19. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control then a similar prize of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winner in lieu, subject to applicable legislation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
21. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
23. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any applicable legislation.
24. Entrants, or if the entrant is under 18 years, parent or guardian, consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice as provided to the Promoter in connection with the Competition (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The winners agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
25. Each entrant indemnifies, and must defend and hold harmless, the Promoter and its employees, servants, agents and contractors, from and against all Losses arising from: a breach by the entrant of any of these Conditions of entry; any third party claim arising directly or indirectly from a breach by the entrant of any of these Conditions of entry; a negligent, wilful or otherwise wrongful act or omission of the entrant; fraudulent or dishonest acts or omissions by the entrant; any breach by the entrant of any applicable Laws; any claim by any third party (including individuals, legal entities and governmental departments or agencies) arising directly or indirectly as a result of the entrant entering this promotion; the death of, or personal injury to, any person or any damage to, or loss or destruction of, any real or tangible personal property, to the extent caused by any act or omission of the entrant; and any claim or allegation that the entrant’s entry infringes a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights or constitutes an unlawful disclosure or misuse or misappropriation of another parties trade secret or confidential information.
26. All entrants will allow Samsung to display their entries on the Samsung website. The entries will be used in the context of promoting the Competition and Samsung’s association with the Promoter.
28. Participants may access the personal information the Promoter holds about them, notify the Promoter that they do not wish the information to be disclosed or notify the Promoter that they do not wish to receive further promotional material by contacting ARU.
29. This promotion is governed by the laws of NSW and entrants irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.