We have a variety of documents to help make your Walla Rugby Week a success. Please check out the Ideas List below and also print our Lesson Plans “For the Classroom” and “For the Field”.
- Teach your students about the Australian Values of Care and Compassion by supporting Redkite as they "Go Gold" for the Wallabies this Lions season. Redkite supports children diagnosed with cancer and you can help by staging a "Be Bold Go Gold BBQ" and collect Gold Coin donations for a worthy cause. Redkite has gotten into the Green and Gold Australian spirit by changing its iconic Redkite logo to a Green and Gold logo to cheer on the Qantas Wallabies as they tame the British and Irish Lions.
- Stage a mini British and Irish Lions Tournament at your school - divide students into different teams and have them select a Team Name, design a mascot, design a supporters flag, play some fun games of non-tackle rugby and write about their experience afterwards
- Learn about famous Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander rugby players and their significant contribution to Rugby
- Meet some of the Qantas Wallabies players by taking your students to a Fan Event: rugby.com.au/wallabies/fanevents
- In Drama Class have your students re-enact special Rugby moments (i.e winning the British and Irish Lions Tournament, a Wallaby or Wallaroo player receiving their first Test cap, a player being named Captain for the first time, the Women's Australian Rugby Team winning the Rugby World Sevens Cup in 2009)
- Teach your students the Values of Care and Compassion, Doing Your Best, Fair Go, Freedom, Honesty and Trustworthiness, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility and Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion and how Rugby Union and other Australian sports promote these values.
- Design new jerseys for the Wallabies, Wallaroos or future Rugby Sevens Olympic Team
- Learn about the different countries involved in the British and Irish Lions Series
- Create a new mascot for your favourite Rugby team
- Hold a Rugby Trivia Competition
For the Classroom
These lesson plans are designed to be printed and used in the Classroom:
For the Field
These easy to follow lesson plans will teach your students basic rugby skills.