Following the success of the True Colours Tour (2003), Bledisloe Cup road shows (2006-) & RWC/ONE TEAM 'Bill's' roadshowsover the last few years, ARU Community Rugby would like to continue the school/club visit program, on a national scale, by rewarding schools/clubs through the bringing of the International trophies for the Qantas Wallabies opponents, to their school/club during months of August and September. This would take the form of a week leading into each Test in that resepctive state, staring with the Hopetoun Cup in late May and ending with the Puma trophy in September when the Argentinians are welcomed to the Gold Coast for their first match in Australia as part of the new Rugby Championship.
The aims of the program are to:-
· brand Qantas Wallabies and our other international teams (Wallaroos, mens and womens Sevens) into the community (schools and clubs targeted) across Australia’s new generation of young participants (their families/teachers and coaches)
· reward registered schools for their involvement in rugby and the EdRugby program
· reward junior clubs for their participation and support of Rugby
· raise awareness and interest in rugby in targeted primary schools
· encourage support for the EdRugby “Qantas Walla Week” from EdRugby schools
· get kids actively participating in some skills and games associated with Rugby Union as a sampling/taste test to follow up recruitment activities e.g. Term 3 & Term 4 rugby themed weeks, festivals and gala days, sevens comps, club competitions etc.
Overview of the 2012 QW Trophies roadshow schedule.
NSW Hopetoun Cup (Scotland)
Saturday 26th May – Tuesday 5th June
QLD James Bevan Trophy (Wales)
Saturday 2nd June – Saturday 9th June
VIC James Bevan Trophy (Wales)
Monday 11th June – Saturday 16th June
NSW James Bevan Trophy (Wales)
Monday 18th June – Saturday 23rd June
NSW Bledisloe Cup (New Zealand)*
Friday 3rd August – Thursday 16th August
WA Mandella Plate (South Africa)*
Saturday 30th August – Saturday 8th September
QLD Puma Trophy (Argentina)*
Saturday 8th September – Saturday 15th September
*The Rugby Championship matches will also have the Tri-Nations trophy on the road as well.
The Schools and Clubs selected for the exclusive 2012 QW Trophies roadshow visits can be found here soon.
Additionally there will be some chances for the general public to see the trophies and get up close and personal. Keep your eyes open to find out where you can see these in your State/Territory.
The IRB has announced its match officials list for the second stage of the 2014 IRB Junior World Championships overnight, with two Australians appointed to referee two of the games in New Zealand on Sunday.
We’re excited to announce that Australian Rugby will be moving to a new online system for national competition management and participant registration for the 2014 Rugby Sevens season and the 2015 club Rugby season.