When one of your players is injured and a claim is to be submitted, the following process should be adhered to:
1. The Club secretary to obtain an ARU Sports Injury Report Form (claim form) from Gow-Gates Insurance Brokers. An original of the claim form will be posted or e-mailed. The Insurer will not accept photocopied claim form.
2. The player is to fully complete the claim form (including the section to be completed by the employer if claiming for loss of earning) and then pass it back to the club secretary. The claim will be acknowledged within 14 days of receipt by Cunningham Lindsay Australia Pty Ltd.
3. The Club secretary is required to sign and verify details stated on the claim form in the appropriate section on the first page of the claim form. Please note that it is the Club secretaries responsibility to ensure that all questions are fully answered and the claim form is signed. The main delay with the processing of claims is incomplete information on the claim form.
4. The Club secretary to mail the completed claim form to QBE's authorised agent within 30 days from the date of injury.
Cunningham Lindsay Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 1438
Parramatta NSW 2124
5. Players to submit paid accounts and Health Fund rebate statements as they come to hand. The player must have the attending Physician's statement completed prior to submitting claimed accounts (if this report has not been sent off with the original claim form then ensure that it is submitted with the first claimed accounts).
DO NOT WAIT FOR THIS PAPERWORK BEFORE SUBMITTING THE CLAIM FORM.
6. All claims for loss of income must contain the following information:
ALL CLAIM FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BYCUNNINGHAM LINDSAY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE INJURY OCCURRING. BENEFITS MAY BE REDUCED WHERE YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THIS TIME LIMITATION. ACCOUNTS AND REBATE STATEMENTS MAY BE SENT AT A LATER DATE.
ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE PAID BY THE INSURED PERSON BEFORE SUBMITTING THEM TO CUNNINGHAM LINDSAY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD.
ALL CLAIMS UNDER THE NON MEDICARE MEDICAL EXPENSES SECTION MUST BE CERTIFIED NECESSARY BY A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER FOR THE SERVICE BEING CLAIMED.
Back to Insurance Page
The IRB has announced its match officials list for the second stage of the 2014 IRB Junior World Championships overnight, with two Australians appointed to referee two of the games in New Zealand on Sunday.