* required fields
By ARU Media Unit, Community Rugby
EdRugby and Qantas invite all schools in Australia to get active and have fun in the Qantas Walla Rugby Week being held Monday 12 September – Friday 16 September.
What is Qantas Walla Rugby Week?
Qantas Walla Rugby Week is a special week each year where students play at least 40 minutes of non-tackle rugby to promote the values of teamwork, camaraderie, inclusion and diversity. Students are encouraged to create their own rugby program for the week whether it’s staging an all school Rugby World Cup, creating rugby themed cakes in Food Technology class or designing jerseys for the Wallabies in Art class – the ideas are endless. At the end of Qantas Walla Rugby Week teachers are asked to submit a one-page Walla Rugby Day Report to be entered in the competition to win exciting prizes. ARU supplies easy to follow lesson plans that teachers with no prior rugby knowledge can follow to help create a successful exciting week.
How to get started:
1. Fill out the Registration Form. (http://www.rugby.com.au/tryrugby/Teachers/QantasWallaRugbyWeek.aspx)
2. ARU will send your school two free Gilbert Rugby Balls to help you get started.
3. Get creative and plan your activities for Qantas Walla Rugby Week.
4. Complete your rugby activities and submit the Qantas Walla Rugby Day Report to automatically be entered in the competition to win great prizes.
5. ARU will send your school additional rugby equipment based on the number of participating students.
A visit from a Qantas Wallaby player to your school, signed Qantas Wallabies jerseys and rugby balls, Panasonic projectors, Panasonic digital cameras and camcorders, rugby fitness packs and more!
Have fun and give Rugby a try!
The IRB has announced its match officials list for the second stage of the 2014 IRB Junior World Championships overnight, with two Australians appointed to referee two of the games in New Zealand on Sunday.
Suburb or Town