Adam Coleman is set to make his Test debut, named in the final Wallabies matchday 23 for the third Test.
Coleman has been selected on the bench over Dean Mumm, who will drop out of the 23.
The Western Force lock will become the first Tasmanian since the 1920s to play for the Wallabies.
His selection means that hulking winger Taqele Naiyaravoro will also add to his Test tally, after scoring with his first touch in Test rugby in last year's Test against the USA.
Wallabies coach Michael Cheika said on Thursday that Coleman, who wasn't even named in the 33-man squad, had trained his way into contention.
“We felt his fitness needed to go to a better level and he’s been really pushed hard over the three weeks and he’s dealt with it, he’s grown with it and he’s been really good at training in the contact stuff and I just think that warrants an opportunity,” he said.
Wallabies team to face England in third Test
1. James Slipper - Reds (76 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore (c) - Brumbies (104 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu - Waratahs (65 Tests)
4. Will Skelton - Waratahs (14 Tests)
5. Rob Simmons - Reds (61 Tests)
6. Scott Fardy - Brumbies (32 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (vc) - Waratahs (53 Tests)
8. Sean McMahon - Rebels (8 Tests)
9. Nick Phipps - Waratahs (41 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley - Waratahs (29 Tests)
11. Rob Horne (vc) - Waratahs (31 Tests)
12. Matt Toomua - Brumbies (31 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani - Brumbies (33 Tests)
14. Dane Haylett-Petty - Western Force (2 Tests)
15. Israel Folau - Waratahs (40 Tests)
Tatafu Polota-Nau - Waratahs (63 Tests)
Scott Sio - Brumbies (17 Tests)
Greg Holmes - Reds (25 Tests)
Adam Coleman (Uncapped)
Wycliff Palu - Waratahs (57 Tests)
Nick Frisby - Reds (2 Tests)
Christian Leali'ifano - Brumbies (17 Tests)
Taqele Naiyaravoro - Waratahs (1 Test)