The Qantas Wallabies have won four of their last five matches against Argentina
Facts you might not have known about the Wallabies and their playing history against Argentina
1. Australia has played Argentina 23 times, Australia winning 17 out of the 23 matches and drawing one.
2. For nine years between 10th October 2003 and 15th September 2012, Australia did not compete against Argentina. Both teams have since competed against one another twice a year in the Rugby Championship with the Argentinians joining Australia, New Zealand and South Africa in the prestigious tournament.
3. Before the last Test match, which Australia lost, Australia had not lost a match against Argentina for 9 Tests from the 17th of June 2000- 4th Oct 2014. (The Wallabies longest winning streak against the Pumas).
4. Australia’s biggest ever winning margin over Argentina came on 17th of June 2000 in Brisbane, when the Wallabies beat the Pumas 53-6.
5. Australia beat the most defenders (26) last weekend, while Argentina beat the fewest (9).
6. Australia won all six of their scrums last weekend, while Argentina won just 75% of theirs, a Round 1 low.
7. Australia has scored 70 tries to Argentina’s 31 over the 23 times they have played against one another.
8. Australia has won 4 out of the last 5 meetings against Argentina.
Tune into Fox Sports and Channel 10 from 8:30am AEST the 26th of July, to see the Qantas Wallabies take on the Argentina in round two of the Rugby Championship.